Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Practice of Letting Go


The practice of letting go is one of the reasons for the blogging journey I've begun, Hoping that a public journal would help me to put into words the lack of trust which keeps my hand clenched in my lap. Most of the time I don't even realize that my nails are marking little half moons into my palm. Uncurling my fingers into a palm of trust is, to me, like the petals of a rose unfurling to give all it has to give of itself,its beauty and its fragrance and receiving, in turn, the fullness of the sunshine and the dew. But a rosebud tightly closed bending its head and dying has given nor received anything. Letting go means trusting that God is there to meet all my needs.

Today, I will go to mass and receive the ashes and begin the journey to Easter and practice keeping my hands open to be a blessing to others and to be blessed.

I'm joining Ann today

2 comments:

  1. I found your lovely blog through Ann's Weds. link-up. I recently began blogging despite fears of backlash etc... It has so blessed me already. I pray the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the encouragement, I am enjoying the blog even though it make me feel a bit vulnerable! Your blog is beautiful.
    Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete