Wednesday, March 23, 2011

20{4}40

“You say grace before meals. All right. But I say grace before the concert and the opera, and grace before the play and pantomime, and grace before I open a book, and grace before sketching, painting, swimming, fencing, boxing, walking, playing, dancing and grace before I dip the pen in the ink.” — G. K. Chesterton

131. Terry getting our street lamp working!
132. Breaking bread with good friends
133. Making my own buttermilk and having it ready to use when I needed it
134. Trying to regain the eucharisteo of life
135. Living in the now
136. Praying the breviary
137. For a pediatrician who has known me and my children half my life and all theirs
138. For breathing treatments and an inhaler for my joyful son's bronchial spasms
139. Sharing the pain of a father who is losing his son to an illness and no known cure
140. For life lived abundantly
142. For children running,laughing and playing as the light slips away in the evening
143. For a pleasant evening to sit on the porch and listen to them
144. For Jenny always taking the time to talk to me and knowing what I was going to say before I even called!
145. A new soaked oatmeal recipe getting ready to pop into the oven
146. An evening call from my granddaughter to say goodnight and I love you
147. a Beautiful video from Benedictine College
150. Children doing schoolwork in spite of a crazy day
151. A red porch, all done
152. Children doing chores and more
153. Music in the house
154. Hot chai tea in the morning
155. Spiritual reading
156. Neighbors
157. Fresh raw milk that makes beautiful buttermilk
158. Being loved
159. Loving deeply
160. Jonquils still fresh on the table

Joining Jenny

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, you did it? You made the buttermilk? I'm waiting to go to the store to get a jar with a lid so I can give it a go.

    #158...you are so loved my dear soul sister, so very loved.

    ReplyDelete