Monday, March 28, 2011

20{4}40 To Be Content

Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content. Helen Keller

All my life I have been in awe of Helen Keller, she is an amazing woman and her life shows how valuable each soul is. I do not want to take anything for granted, ever!

241. School day, done and finished
242. Raw honey
243. A cheerful husband, in spite of all he has to deal with
244. A cold early spring day
245. Roast cooking and making the house smell yummy
246. Thoughtful neighbors
247. A peaceful home, when there is so much unrest
248. hugs from my daughter
249. Honesty
250. Good report from the dentist
251. 2 fresh eggs from our chickens
252. Enough, even when I worry there won't be
253. My porch, it's still red and still makes me happy!
254. Thoughtful children
255. Beauty,it's everywhere
256. Cheerful dogs who make me laugh
257. Hauntingly beautiful music (yes, I'm listening to my music on my blog, my daughter says it's depressing but I love it and the love that causes people to write such lyrics
258. For this list of thanksgiving,making me more and more grateful as I write
259. Conveniences that make my life so much easier
260. A beautiful new charm for my bracelet that leads my thoughts to God and to His Mother given for no reason, except that my husband loves me
261. Loving my husband so deeply that I would be stretched out on his grave if he were to leave me (second song on my blog music,if you would like to hear of this type of love)
262. Boys, who will be coming in soon from Rugby,tired, muddy, hungry and full of noise
263. Lock burns and scraped knees and sons who will put medicine on them even though they don't want to
264. The Psalms and praying them
265. The gift of life and given abundantly

Joining Ann and Jenny




Lenten Challenge

2 comments:

  1. Laurie...hopped over from Ann's blog. I immediately loved your blog and your list AND your music : ) I am a Secular Carmelite...visit sometime...I would love to have you. ~ Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theresa.. Thank you for your kind words, I love your blog,my children and I enjoyed the dandelion pictures too. I look forward to becoming better acquainted!

    ReplyDelete