Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Jesus Hid Himself

...but Jesus hid Himself, and went out of the temple.


366. My Lord,willing to suffer for me
367. Passion week starting out with suffering for my boys,from rugby injuries
368. My boys are not seriously hurt
369. My daughter helping our neighbor with her garden
370. Homemade bread to share with them too

Jesus hid himself for it was not yet His time to give His life for us. That would be coming soon. I am reminded of His hiding by draping my sacred images and I am saddened. I look to the crucifix daily as I pray,I look to the face of Our Lady for help and consolation when I am worn smooth from the noise and concerns and I am left lonely as I look and I see purple. I am lonely for the face of my Lord and His Mother and the saints in my home.


371. Missing the face of my Lord
372. Anticipation of a canning class and good food from the garden
373. Laughing at the gas prices! What else can I do?
374. Hearing my soul sister say she is proud of my sons
375. Surgeons who will skillfully repair my mother-in-laws wrist

My heart sinks further in my chest when I think of how often He must search for my face,a face that is turned down towards myself and my little crosses. He searches for me to catch me up into His Friendship and my eyes are closed and I do not see. How many times do I only look to Him occasionally? Or halfheartedly?

376. Medicines to ease pain and prevent infection
377. A sweet husband doing so much more for his family than he knows
378. The smell of freshly mowed grass
379. Sunshine but a little cooler
380. The Friendship of Christ

Can you not spend one hour, my Lord asks of me and I yearn to say "Yes" and to be as overzealous as St. Peter and say "Not just one hour but all of them!" And I know that I struggle to stay faithful for even a short time. Today, I will strive to stay in the presence of God, turning my face to His.

Joining Jenny

2 comments:

  1. I didn’t come by via Ann’s - just shot by to read you.

    And that is one of the great miracles No? How he just “slipped through” an angry mob – one man in a hundred. It was not his time. I wonder sometimes if any harm could have come to him until his time. Maybe he didn’t just die – he chose to lay down his life – then came death. All guesses – but you made me think. And my fave today is 377. A sweet husband doing so much more for his family than he knows – because it made me stop and pray for your marriage – I’ve never prayed for so many marriages in my life as I have since I began blogging. I’m really glad I got a chance to come by today.

    God bless and keep you and all of yours Laurie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Craig for the prayers and your comment. I hope you are having a blessed Easter season as we look forward to celebrating the feast of the Ascension.

    ReplyDelete